Canton and a swath of East Texas were hit by Tornado on April 29, 2017. As per one government estimate, almost 5200 addresses were significantly damaged or affected. Many amongst these were those who are economically deprived and never had any coverage – home or auto. Looking at the plight, it is natural desire to help these victims. While the local and state government are doing their best, it is utmost important that, we citizen/residents who are not affected share their pain and plight.
Roof blown away
It bonds us when we stand together in times of crisis, when we share the pain and pathos, when we lend a hand to get them back to life. None of those whom I approached declined to help. Everyone I turned towards for getting this help is equally motivated and supportive towards those affected. Time is of essence and those who have lost the roof over their head don’t have a holiday, weekdays and weekends sound same to those distraught.
No Home left Behind
In the last few days that I have been talking with my family friends and professional circle and I got a deep realization that, that benevolence, that kindness is deep within you all. I am no exception. You all feel so strongly for the cause of those affected.
Trust me, you will be amazed how strong that feeling resides within each of us and when you approach your network, you will be surprised to see those deeply embedded humane feelings, that aptitude to help someone not related to us.
Together we can, small contributions help
Can you pledge an amount for those affected? Only 5% of that amount should come directly from your pocket, the remainder should be from your network of family, friends and profession.
- You pledge an amount, say $200
- Only 5% donated you
- 95% from your network
- Please ask your family members, friends and professionals to pledge additionally and create their own network of donors
- Money goes directly to the City of Canton, no intermediate handling of the donations
- The above account is set up by the Van Zandt County for the Tornado affected victims
- You only collate the names of those donors and the amount they donated
- Donors can contact Commissioner s Office to validate the cause and the account details on below address –
- Susan Strickland, Secretary to the Commissioner’s Office, Van Zandt County, Texas
- Commissioners office can be reached out on 903 567 2166
- You may Google and reach their office
Those without a roof on their head have no Saturday or Sunday, Night and Day are same for them. Please don’t wait, do it as a priority and do it before you forget. This world exists with the benevolence of us all.
PS: If you have a question, please reach me on my cell (972 345 0508) or email (email@example.com)
Faces of destruction – news and images, ‘Tornado Ravaged Van Zandt County’, April 29, 2017 –
Rebuilding Canton and vicinity: http://wp.me/p7XEWW-RL
Officer Ron Duke’s Story: http://wp.me/p7XEWW-So
Campaign launched –
Deeper Discount to Tornado affected – http://wp.me/p7XEWW-SR